3 Local On-Site Optimisation Tips For Mortgage Brokers
If you are a mortgage broker then you know how competitive the industry can be. Simply search for any keywords that are related to home loans and the search results are crowded with major players such as NAB, ANZ, and Westpac. The companies undoubtedly have significant marketing budgets to throw at their website. So it can seem rather hopeless to compete against home loan companies such as these.
|16 July 2016
If you are a mortgage broker then you know how competitive the industry can be.
Simply search for any keywords that are related to home loans and the search results are crowded with major players such as NAB, ANZ, and Westpac. The companies undoubtedly have significant marketing budgets to throw at their website. So it can seem rather hopeless to compete against home loan companies such as these.
The good news is that it is entirely possible to rank in the search results even for your target keywords in the home loan industry. While some of the larger companies tend to target keywords across Australia, a better approach is to target local searches. Because more consumers are now turning to search to find local businesses including mortgage brokers.
Here we provide some local on-site optimisation tips that are perfect for mortgage brokers and those in the home loan industry.
1. Include City Names in Your Title TagsTitle tags are perhaps the most important on page ranking factor.
These are the first thing that visitors see in the search results and can mean the difference between a high or low click-through rate. To make your titles even more targeted, be sure to include the city names that you are located in. Here are some examples:
- Mortgage Brokers in Perth | Your Company
- Current Home Loan Rates in Surry Hills | Your Company
- Compare Mortgages in Liverpool | Your Company
2. Make NAP Visible on Your SiteNAP stands for Name, Address, and Phone Number.
Among the many things that consumers look for when conducting local searches are basic information such as content information and directions. So make sure that your business details are visible on your site as Google references this information when displaying it in the search results.
Another important consideration is to ensure that this information is consistent across all local search directories that you submit to. One of the most important is Google My Business. Be sure to fill out all the fields in your profile to increase visibility on Search, Maps and Google Plus.
3. Create Local ContentThere is no doubt about it.
Google tends to reward high-quality content with better rankings. Do a search right now for one of your keywords and chances are that you won’t see any pages with duplicate or scraped content. You will most likely see pages that have high-quality content that cover a topic comprehensively.
One way to rank for local searches is to create engaging content that is specific to your city. Here are some tips to help you get started:
- Brainstorm a list of topics that your target audience is searching for
- Get additional keyword ideas using Google’s Keyword Planner tool
- Research local events that are occurring in your area and write about them
- Highlight case studies and testimonials from customers you have worked with